Thursday, March 14, 2024

Real Retirement

I’m working on two houses - mine in Camarón Arriba, Chiriquí, and Iris’ hostal in Santa Catalina. And I’m working in the evening in the restaurant, trying to help out Iris, who’s baking the best pizzas I’ve ever seen and eaten - she can’t bake pizzas in the kitchen and take orders on the dining terrace at the same time; although this is pretty much what she did before i came into her life… Well, each one of these three jobs by themselves would be sufficient to make you forget that you’re retired! I’m doing all three of them! My sister once joked: “if thisis what retirement’s supposed to be, i’d rather stay in myjob!”😝

But, It not complaining! Iris is working on the same three jobs, just more hours per day than me! And she’s running the household, cooking, cleaning, and all of that in addition! The only explanation I have how she’s able to do all that, is, that she’s the Duracell (Energizer) Bunnyincarnated! 🤪😇

Well, today, I took time off from all my work to try to bake another cake. I followed “Baken mit Christina”’s recipe for the Mandel Blume (Almond Flower).



It’s hard to get some of the ingredients here that are common and usual in Austria, but following the Panamanian way I improvised where needed. The result is quite tasty, if I may say so myself. my ex-wife usually wasn’t all to excited (to say the least) when I cooked or baked. Iris, however, loves my cakes! 🥰😇🙃 She has been bugging me for a little while already to bake a cake again. Today was the day… 😝

No comments:

Post a Comment

rain, rain, rain - this time in Panama!

Well, rainy season it is! The last week and a half we had A LOT of rain. When we came back from Chiriquí we found the restaurant flooded. Af...