Wednesday, January 10, 2024

Our Hostal Un Mundo is getting close to be ready…

Slowly, step by step, the hostal in Santa Catalina is getting further and further ahead. Yeay!

We finished tiling the kitchen a few days ago. Iris is now grouting the last little areas. Then applying the sealer, and the kitchen and dining room is ready. 

Iris the chef is also an expert in grouting by now!

My dear friend Nancy had bequested her dining table to me, and it came from the US with the container with my household goods in September.

our first guests at breakfast

I’m still working on a rustic bench, built from rough-sawn teak and cedro wood. My tablesaw and other tools came with my household goods, too. It feels so nice to be able to work with wood again!

The dorm room is also ready. I built the beds, we bought the mattresses and carried them home on the roof-rack, and Iris put the sheets and towels… 

It is a rather small space, but mattresses are good ones, and sheets, too.

We hope folks will enjoy our hospitality


We are ready for guests. Only the outside needs to still be worked on. But, that will get done in time as well…

A few days ago, I noticed a young couple in front of the restaurant, with their backbags at their feet. It was already late at night, and they appeared not to know where to go. I went outside to chat a little with them. Turned out, my impression was right - they where stranded without accommodations. They had a tent, but to find a spot to put it up in the night is rather difficult. So I offered them to stay with us for the night. 

Our first guests

They were very glad and we got a chance experience how it feels to have people stay in our home. We had a wonderful time with them! 


They reaffirmed for me that the idea and concept is good and needed:


Hostal Un Mundo

One World - One Planet - One people

A meeting-spot for open minded, caring spirits from all over the planet!

No comments:

Post a Comment

rain, rain, rain - this time in Panama!

Well, rainy season it is! The last week and a half we had A LOT of rain. When we came back from Chiriquí we found the restaurant flooded. Af...