Monday, April 17, 2023

The roof - day 3

Yesterday, the installation of the sheet metal on the east side had started. Today, they finished that whole east side. And started the installation on the west side, too.

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1CMe2Sb5C8Kbt5WbfvHuK0tJyaC854-nE





Here, we encountered another obstacle!

I had purchased most of the sheetmetal last year already - in anticipation of prices rising and thinking the construction would start by August or so... Well, construction didn't start until March! But, here we are, and I'm glad I had bought the cariolas and sheet metal last year - this year they are almost 20% more expensive!!!

Well, I had bought "almost" all sheet-metal... Why just "almost"? Maybe in another post... 

The sheets I bought are 5.5 m long. But the west-side of the roof is 7.5 m. So I needed sheets to cover the remaining 2 m. I ordered them at the ferreteria, and had them delivered. But, as we were trying to install these small pieces, it turns out, the canals of the 5.5m sheets are of a different width then the canales of the 2.1m sheets!!! 

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1uadRwzgs_r9ln52Hh-ta6onrjPx7omGihttps://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1M9fxEjjTpznpNj0-dQ9Hf0fly4u-BqH4

Impossible to use these small sheets! WHat to do?!?

I decided to cut 6 of the remaining 20 5.5 m long sheets; each creating 2 2.1m sheets and a 1.2 m sheet. Thus, with two large sheet cut, I was able to cover the missing part of 5 large sheets. All in all 14 runs of the 18 that make up the whole roof.

After work I went to Bugaba to the Ferreteria and I ordered 4 more sheets of 5.5m, and two sheets of 4.20 (to create all together 4 2.1 m long sheets, to cover the missing part of the 4 new runs. I got them delivered the next day (day 4). Yeay! Problem solved! Situation stable!

So I thought...

No comments:

Post a Comment

rain, rain, rain - this time in Panama!

Well, rainy season it is! The last week and a half we had A LOT of rain. When we came back from Chiriquí we found the restaurant flooded. Af...