Wednesday, June 16, 2021

Bugaba Highlands

Time passes so quickly! It's time to move to the third of five locations - Bugaba Highland.

The two german girls are leaving Santa Catalina the same day as me, heading in the same direction. I offered to take them with me all the way to David, and they gladly accepted.

We left around 10:30, and arrived in David by about 14:30. It's a long drive, through an amazingly beautiful landscape. I think I'll write a separate post about that...

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=19PHodvHA8Q-CnWk260sklmueKs-cQ1UY

David is Panama's second largest city. And a city it s! So much traffic, and noise, and pollution - well, not really in international relations, but for Panama, especially after having been in Santa Catalina it is almost overwhelming.


I drop Melanie and Karina off at the bus stop, then head towards La Conception. 


"Coincidentally" my path passes by La Casa Mexicana. Trying to embrace what the Universe sends my way, I stop there for lunner (dinch?) - the Especiale de Casa Mexicana is delicious! And for 9$ quite affordable.

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1-s7OctA91EQzkOLM5iQxq4FaJg0amcG0

Leaving David - or at least trying to do so - on the Panamerican Highway heading west is not an easy task. It seems everybody and their grandmother is heading the same direction! Stop and go and stop and go until past 10km outside of town! Here, drivers are getting impatient and a little pushy, too - just like in Panama City, and all other large cities.


But, I am not in a hurry, so I just go with the flow and eventually it clears up a little. Around La Concepcion traffic gets a little heavy again, but it's still smooth sailing all the way to where I have to turn onto a tiny side-road that leads through El Santo, Santa Rosa, und Camaron up, up, up, up the mountain. Even though it started to rain right after I reached the side-road, I still can see how beautiful the whole area is. And the temperature drops the higher I get, until it is a very comfortable 23C (73F).  It's almost 20km from the PanAmerican Highway where Kyle has his lovely homestead on Highland road.


The place is like Paradise! 

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1-jAfpC4jT-6dG4O4nsZfaJeEn4haSxsD

Kyle is a very interesting man. We sit together chatting about everything from hosting on AirBnB, to moving to Panama to all the great projects he already accomplished in his new home and the ones he still has planned, to life in general...


No comments:

Post a Comment

rain, rain, rain - this time in Panama!

Well, rainy season it is! The last week and a half we had A LOT of rain. When we came back from Chiriquí we found the restaurant flooded. Af...